Getting right to work, we set out to engage the community of Raleigh and Durham North Carolina, this was our first Ten80 Education event, we learned to engage with the schools, How the networks of communities intersect with the networks of schools. We learned more about the Ten80 Racing curriculum and how excited these kids get at their events. Looking forward to building a strong relationship with this organization. #steamrevolution
This one fast-paced day can open the doors for long-term engagement in STEM learning. After showcase activities and an opening ceremony, students attend the STEM workshop of their choosing. Each workshop addresses different STEM-related concepts and skills but all address a key aspect of the innovation process.
Likely workshops at this event include:
- UAV = Unmanned Aerial Vehicles, a.k.a. Drone Technology
- CAD = Computer Aided Design
- RACE = Race Engineering
- CODE = Intro to Actual Coding (not just drag-and-drop)
- BEAT = Breadboards, Circuits and Binary Code … with a Beat
- LEAD = It takes leadership to turn ideas into reality.
- PM = It also takes organization; Project Management Concepts & Tools
Students will be exposed to a variety of career paths in government, economic and cultural spheres of society.
Each workshop feeds into an optional Innovators-in-Training Challenge that invites students to continue the engagement in the weeks following the event. Resources are provided so this can be 100% student-led (though mentoring always helps). All entries will receive feedback through the National STEM League website. Top entries earn awards.